Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

verizon wireless and outlook web access?

is there any way to get outlook web access on verizon wireless (verizon mobile 2.0)? i get a java error but heard there were work arounds for this. any ideas??? i really could use it for work!

Update:

i have the lg env. when i bought it they told me i would have no problem getting to my the email but now i realized i can't... so i cant buy a new phone unless i want to pay full price and i really cant afford that right now.

will the any device any application change help me at all?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You cannot get outlook web access on Mobile Web 2.0, it is not full html capable. Mobile Web 2.0 determines which web pages you can view in a specific format to fit your phone.

Solution 1 - Get a premium plan capable phone and a Verizon Wireless premium plan which includes the mobile email solution and will allow you to receive emails through that program. Premium plans also include VZNavigator (gps turn by turn driving directions), ESPN MVP (customized tickers, scores, columns, teams, etc.), VCAST video service, and unlimited data transport charges.

Solution 2 - Purchase a Voyager phone (also known as an LG VX-10000) which has a full HTML browser, that would eliminate the java error and give you outlook web access. However, make sure to activate this with a premium plan (or at least the VCAST feature) so that you have unlimited megabyte transfer included.

However, your best bet may be to get a "smartphone" - i.e. Motorola Q, Palm Treo, Samsung i760, XV6800, Blackberry 8830, Blackberry Pearl, just to name a few. That way you can run a product called desktop monitor and wirelessly sync your emails, calendar alerts, and contacts from your Outlook desktop computer.

I would just go to your local store, tell the sales rep what you need your phone to do and I'm sure they'll be able to help you out!

Hope this helps, good luck!

Source(s): Employee
  • 5 years ago

Source(s): Get Free Government Phones - http://freecellphones.iukiy.com/?hlNq
  • 5 years ago

Assuming you're additionally thinking a blackberry pearl, i'm going to allow you recognize this..... ....I even have the Palm Centro (AT&T) and that i like it!! the information superhighway browser is large!!! lots extra useful than the Blackberry Pearl's information superhighway browser!..The typing takes some getting used too (an hour tops) in spite of the undeniable fact that that's nevertheless extra useful than the Pearl's ...The Palm interface is extremely person-friendly and lots extra handy for texting,e mail, and information superhighway surfing than the Pearl. The Centro has a touchscreen too that's honestly cool!! The Palm Centro is an innovations-blowing telephone,( Soooo common to apply,massive quantity of helpful aspects, Google maps, Telenav, and lots extra... that's only large all around) you have lots relaxing with it, determining each and every of the cool issues you're able to do! ....I exceptionally recommend the PALM CENTRO over the Blackberry Pearl or Samsung Glyde

• 1 decade ago

MOBILE WEB 2.0 IS NOT FULL HTML OR JAVA CAPABLE, YOU WILL NEED TO GET A PHONE WITH DATA PACKAGE TO DO THAT

Source(s): VERIZON WIRELESS STORE MANAGER UPLAND CA 909 920 5002
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What Phone Is It.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.