Raynaud's phenomenon - phenomenally painful breast feeding?

Along with latching difficulties with my month-old twins, I'm having painful white nipples during after feedings and whenever I get cold. The pain with cold actually started when I was pregnant - it happened when I went out in cool or cold weather, but I didn't know about the blanching at the time. I have... show more Along with latching difficulties with my month-old twins, I'm having painful white nipples during after feedings and whenever I get cold. The pain with cold actually started when I was pregnant - it happened when I went out in cool or cold weather, but I didn't know about the blanching at the time. I have Rheumatoid arthritis, a risk factor for Raynaud's syndrome, but had never heard of Raynaud's before.

Has anyone else had this problem? What worked? I went to Dr. Newman's website for advice and have started vitamin B6 today, but really wanted to see what has helped real people out there in internet land.
Update: Here's a link about Raynaud's affecting nipples in breast feeding women: http://breastfeeding.blog.motherwear.com/2006/10/tis_the_season_.html
5 answers 5