Doctors or nurses..what are the chances of this?

What are the chances of someone contracting hep c from getting blood spilled on their hand. There are no "visible" cuts. This person also is given some sort of pill immediately after. How likely is it that this person will get hep c? And also do you have any info on these pills?

Best Answer

You have asked this question a couple of times and I feel really bad for you.

Tomorrow, make an appointment to see your doctor. It is the only way you are going to put your mind at ease. Trust me. I thought I could have had AIDS for about 5 years and FINALLY I broke down and got tested. I am fine, but I worried my life away for 5 long years.

Go to the doctor. You will be O.K.

it is unlikely to be contracted but there is always a small chance. Hep C is transferred by blood or blood products , sexual contact,needles. and since there was no visible method for the virus to enter this other persons bloodstream via a cut or opening, the chances are small. good luck to whoever it is. this person will have to have their blood drawn at seperate intervals to check to see if was contracted. If blood was rinsed immediately and then thoroughly washed chances are even lower. Also, has this person had all available vaccines? Dont beat yourself up about it , the risk is pretty low if the hands were washed.

Go to the doc and get checked!!! All they do is some simple bloodwork. More than likely you are okay, but get away from the guy and get checked for that and other things as well!

• ralls

take him to a hospital emergency room. his face and mouth are without notice swollen?... this has long gone on a how you are able to long. * i'm a mom.. no longer a doctor, yet i do experience the healthcare expert/s you have been seeing are no longer effective.

• denise

Someone that I know worked in Emergency Ambulance. She got stuck by a needle, and got Hepatitis.

There is never a definite on any contageous decease. You could speak to your Dr or if you like go into WebMD.com. Sorry

No one can specifically answer this question.

It sounds as if the person was as protected as possible.

But, anything can happen in that situation.

So your doc or nurse did this I am not either one. Dude that is some heavy stuff

If you don't wash your hand and you get any nasty critters on a mucus membrane you can get HCV.

i dont kno this ? is so retarted couldn u think of something better