Is it bad to eat a lot of spicy food during pregnancy?

I just found out I am pregnant. And I love spicy food. I add hot sauce to almost every thing I eat. Is this bad to do? Will it harm to baby?

Best Answer

No you can eat that. If your body or bub decided that it doesnt want spicy food for the next 9 months then you'll prob stop craving it or get nausea from it. just listen to your body. congratulations!

Spicy Food is just fine for the baby, the worst it will do is give you heartburn, or make your normal heartburn attacks worse. Spicy Food is my favorite but I don't get heartburn,... EVER, so I didn't have to give it up. If you can take the heartburn then eat all you want,... and you can take tums too, if you don't get heartburn then there isn't anything to discuss. Hopefully it works out,... Good Luck and Congratulations.

Since I have been pregnant I crave spicy food, I don't think it harms the baby but it does cause some bad heartburn.

It won't harm the baby. Usually it can help to cause heartburn, the funny thing with me is I crave the spicy stuff. When I have heartburn and I eat spicy food, it actually helps it

Source(s): 35 wks with baby #1 It's a boy :)
    • Adrian5 years agoReport

Congrats :-) even when ur first child is 7 years ago :-D

Spicy is not harmful at all to the baby!!! You can at all you want. You just might get really bad heartburn as i did with my last pregnancy! Bit otherwise no.

Source(s): Me i have 3 kids.

its not really bad for you.

but umm if you like spicy

foods yeah u go for it!!

i love spicy foods too.

i think it some type latin historic thing

that have been carried on like

the witches stories. :]

• mommy

Its not bad but it can in the end leave you with heartburn or a hemroid.

Source(s): 26 weeks pregnant

No, keep on unless you're experiencing heartburn/indigestion then you may want to ease up on it.

If that were the case my second child would have been doomed. That's all I wanted when I was pregnant with her and she turned out fine.

It wont harm the baby but it could give you heartburn.