Fertility pill???

Has anyone every heard of the fertility pill Ovulex? It is an herb and I was reading about it seems to have some good results from using it. Does anyone know anything about it or have any experience with it? I will start clomid this cycle but I was looking into other options as well just in case the clomid does not work!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I've heard of it. It is a completely natural product. It has the following things in it...

·Chaste tree berry (Vitex agnus-castus): This herb promotes ovulation is known to stimulates the release of luteinizing hormone (LH) from the pituitary gland in the brain. This, in turn, promotes ovulation. Chaste tree berry may restore normal periods in women with amenorrhea (lack of menstrual periods).11

·Dong quai (Angelica sinensis): Widely used for femalemenstrual irregularities and infertility complaints, including menstrual irregularities and infertility, dong quai can tone a weak uterus by promoting metabolism within the organ,12 regulating hormonal control and improving the rhythm of the menstrual cycle.13

·Arizona red clover blossoms (Trifolium pratense): Thesefertility promoter estrogen beautiful little flowers are categorized in many herbals as fertility promoters. Chemical analysis shows that the herb is rich in coumestans and isoflavones, estrogenlike compounds that may promote fertility, particularly in women who are deficient in estrogen.14

·Licorice Root (Glycyrrhiza glabra): This plant contains hormonally active compounds categorized as saponins.15 A Japanese study found licorice-based medicines improved menstruation in women with infrequent periods. The study also found that licorice helped women with elevated testosterone and low estrogen levels, as commonly occurs in polycystic ovary disease.16

·Siberian ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus):improve fertility This and other tonic botanicals can improve fertility by enhancing overall health and vitality. Siberian ginseng also acts on the brain to promote regulation of reproductive hormones.17

·Red Raspberry Leaf (Rubus idaeus):The leaves contain high concentrations strengthening the uterine wall of several vitamins and minerals because of the plant's secondary compounds. This plant has been shown to play a major role in strengthening the uterine wall. Vitamin C and Vitamin E are present in large amounts as well as Vitamin A and some B Complex. Increased Vitamin A intake in the form of the carotenoids of red raspberry leaf can aid the women’s immune system as well as facilitate healthy skin and bone development for the baby.

·Black Cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa):Research indicates that this herb has been female body uterus shown to aid in balancing hormonal conditions in the female body. As for painful menstruation, the herb lessens discomfort by increasing blood flow to the uterus and decreasing severe contractions that cause the discomfort.

Be careful using any med even if it is labeled natural. Check with your doctor. Sometimes ingredients in the natural herbal products can interact with other meds and not help you at all.

I am on Clomid right now too...Good luck! :)

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.