Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why won't my Guitar Hero guitar controller work on Rock Band?

I have Guitar Hero 3 and also Rock Band for PS3. I have heard that GH guitars are compatible with RB, but when I plug mine in RB does not recognize it as a guitar, and only allows me to use the microphone. Am I doing something wrong or is something not working correctly?

Favorite Answer

Harmonix released a statement saying that they are aware that the PS3 Gutiars aren't working. They were supposed to, but there was a glitch in the first-run release of Rock Band. The second-run release Rock Bands supopsedly work, but I haven't read or heard anything about it. In any case, we wound up buying another Rock Band game and now we have friends that just come over with their guitars.

The GH guitar works with Rock Band, for Xbox 360 only. The PS3 guitars are not compatible.

Works only with XBox 360. You'll have to buy another Guitar, a Fender Stratocaster.

i thought the same thing only 4 360

only works for 360

different program you defiantly need the rock band controller

Dunno G Hero. I've been gettin down with Assassin's Creed and Call Of Duty 4 on the 360........