spinal tap........?

how long does a headache last after one?Also iam having pain in my leg.It shoots down from my lower back into my hip and down to my toes...Is this normal??Thanks

Favorite Answer

I had one done about twenty five years ago when I was twenty, I needed a Demerol shot to kill the pain, I was in the hospital, it killed the pain, which had lasted 12 hours until the shot went into affect.... Good luck The shooting pain down your leg is not normal. Contact your doctor immediately.

Source(s): I'm a nurse, not practicing presently...

you wouldn't have a headache if you lay horizontal for an hour after. and no the pain you are feeling is not normal.