Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Whats wrong with todays grammer?

Is it me or does anyone else out there shutter at the poor grammer and spelling of about 60 percent of questions and answers that are posted on the Yahoo Answer web page? Has society become to lazy? Just wondering.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • :)
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You mean shudder at the poor Grammar and spelling?

Yes considering the Question box has a "spellcheck" option

• 1 decade ago

yes as a society we have become lazy, and have forgotten the values of our own language. People started talking slang and now it is call ebonics. That is just lazy talking.

Even the media and people in the entertainment world, have screwed things up,,, by using the word and terms such as "like", "you know" or "know what I am sayin"... if you watch tv, they all do it... drives me crazy!

If you look at how different people are raised, you can tell how the language changes. I have never heard of the work "ya'll" in the english dictionary, but it is used... Now look at what text messaging has done. People cant even type or spell correctly anymore.

It has come to the parents and teachers to ensure that their kids are spelling right. If not, they will not get anywhere in life. Keep your kids spelling right,, they can use slang, but talk correctly.

You can always tell when a kid is asking a question by the way they type. I usually dont answer those questions and if I do, the first thing I tell them is to type correctly and they will get a better answer.

• 1 decade ago

What gives me a headache is 'da' used in place of 'the', or 'dat' instead of 'that'. The big one is 'wit' instead of 'with'. I think it's the way some portions of society learn to spell- rap songs rather than text books. I hope they can fix all that stuff before getting a job.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I SHUDDER at the ones who knock the ones who can't spell and then point out others' incorrect use of GRAMMAR and the fact that people have become TOO lazy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • vinny
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It starts in school. Too many students either drop out, or are pushed through.Then there is the problem with sports taking the place of the basics.How many athletes can read a newspaper?

• 1 decade ago

Yes I am shocked by YOUR poor grammar and spelling. You aren't helping the statistics at all.

• 1 decade ago

Great question littered with spelling mistakes! I suppose you've answered yourself!

• 1 decade ago

More "ethnically diverse" people are acquiring computers from Blue Hippo.

• 1 decade ago

Fail post is made of fail.

• 1 decade ago

no iits just funnur to riight liike thiis lmao hahahah ... : P

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.