Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

sal asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 decade ago

how many children would you like to have and why?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

At least 6 because I have always wanted a big family and like kids. But I'll probably have like 12 or more. I currently have no kids but have been trying for baby #1 for 13 months.

• SoBox
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

We have one, and we're fine with just one. It's a myth that only children will end up being spoiled. Children only end up that way if you spoil them. I know families with 4 kids who are more spoiled than most only children; it all comes down to the parents. My son also has plenty of cousins around him, with whom is he very close. In addition, he is a HUGE social butterfly. I know he's never going to be lonely!

We are fine with just one because, first of all, we got a great kid the first time around. We always wanted a boy, and that's what we got. He's an incredibly bright, sweet, beautiful, and happy child, and I couldn't ask for anything more. We already got the child of our dreams; why mess with success, right?

The other reason, and the one I usually reserve for the nosy people in the checkout line at the grocery store who demand to know when we're going to "give our son a sibling so he has a little friend" (trust me, I have siblings and I love them, but it wasn't always great!), I tell them the other reason. We lost our angel baby in September, and the emotional pain of it all was very difficult. While I've been told there is no reason to think it would happen again, I don't know if I really want to risk the pain of that kind of loss again. If we happen to get pregnant again, that's great. But we're not planning on it. Right now, we're happy focusing on the child with whom we were blessed.

• 1 decade ago

I want 2. I worry if I have only 1 he or she will be too spoiled and get bored without a sibling. I don't want more than 2 because I am a middle child and I know a lot of middle children have psychological issues for some reason.

• 1 decade ago

I want 3. I want 1 of each and then I don't care the sex of the other baby. I don't really have a reason. I'm a middle child that was raised like an older child when it suited my parents. So I know the difficulties of both but for some reason I still want 3. I really want one of each and when that's all you have they have a tendency to do their own thing and not interact with eachother so I want a 3rd to mix it up and give them someone to play with.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I want 4 children because growing up there was only 2 of us and if felt kind of lonely sometimes.

• 1 decade ago

I have 4, 2 boys ages 19 and 13 with my ex husband. and 2 girls ages 2 and 4 with my husband. Im not having any more. my tubes are tied.

I would have a houseful if my finances were good.

• 1 decade ago

I have boy and girl twins aged nine .. Kylie and Thomas , Thomas has severe autism so it wouldn't be fair on them to have anymore children as so much time needs to be spent with Thomas and its hard for Kylie at times.

• 1 decade ago

I have 2, one boy, one girl. That is all we are having. I am content because I have one of each. I was an only child and really wanted my children to each have someone to play with. (I never counted on them fighting) haha.....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No one knows, I said I didn't want kids and i'm 23 and have three i said i'd have two, I had a boy and a girl (lucky) and then 12mths ago had another boy who came along unexpectedly.

• .vato.
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I would like to have three because I only had one sister. I would have loved to have more. I just think that three is a good number. They can be close but have their options.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.