Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 1 decade ago

What do companies do with milk thats left after making butter ?

I would like to purchase some of this milk

This was posted in Philippines ; I know buttermilk is widely available in the USA .

Favorite Answer

I think they turn it into butter-milk cheese.

Butter Milk is made in that process. It's more delicious when used for the purpose of cooking, depending on the recipe. Buttermilk dinner rolls in which you add chopped green onions are so delicious to eat . . . Similar to sour dough French bread but much smoother.

• Dusie

Its called butter milk. Great to add to pancakes and waffles or make buttermilk ranch dressing.

Source(s): I live in Wisconsin
  • skimed milk or non-fat milk! they use if for yoghort (hope the spelling is right) Yacult is another product.

i think they also use this milk in calcium inriched milk.