Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what would you say if your boyfriend told you this..?

we were arguing one night about household chores. he pretty much doesnt do anything and i have to cook, clean, do laundry, etc. im a machine shop worker. i work first shift running a vertical mill and a cnc lathe. i dont do programming. but i make my own adjustments on the machines and change tools and inserts. the supervisors set them up and i keep the jobs running. my boyfriend told me that i need to get a real job cause all i am is a button pusher. and that i have no reason to be tired when i come home from work. we work anywhere from 8 to 10 hour shifts and sometimes 4 hours saturdays. i go in at 5 or 6 depending the work load. we have no air conditioning in the summer. we only get 20 minute lunches. i think i do work!!

he works as a first assistant manager at menards in recieving. he works two closing shifts a week and every other weekend. he only makes a dollar more then i do. he can work as much or as little as he wants. averages 45-50 hours a week. what do u think..

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Honestly, I'd dump him. Not only is he being unfair, he also apparently thinks his job makes him superior to you and doesn't respect you.

Sounds like you're a damn hard worker - you deserve better than that.

• 1 decade ago

Hehe. Well, I think you should probably not overreact. Assume the best in him. Perhaps he really was trying to give sound advice, and just went about it in a bone head way. Getting offended won't resolve in anything other than poor words, loud voices, and malmemorible moments. Go do something nice for him. I know that sounds ridiculous, but do it. See what happens. You might be surprised how quickly the answers to your questions come when you react to them this way. :)

• 1 decade ago

This is the new age, work should be shared out especially if both are helping to bring home the bacon, no need to even talk about it. If this happening now , think what will happen in the days ahead and if he is unwilling to see your point of view perhaps it is better to go your separate ways..

• 1 decade ago

You could ask your boss if you can bring your boyfriend into your shop someday so he can see what you do all day. It's obvious that he doesn't respect your job or your line of work.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Fault finding so early, not good husband material, shop for another.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it sounds like you work harder than him since you both have full time jobs and you also do all the housework so he's being a jerk... i wouldn't stay with him if i were you.

• 1 decade ago

I think you work just as hard if not harder than he and if he doesn't appreciate nor respect you, you should kick his *** to the curb!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

dump him!

or you could talk to him about it and try and get him to go in your shoes .. you could put the two together and say that you will dinp him if he carries on like this

• in truth thats pretty much unfair, you should break up with him unless he can change to better himself

• 1 decade ago

This guy is actually pathetic!Dump him ASAP!!

xx

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.