Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

How do you correctly Reinstalled WINDOWS XP MCE 2005? I have the genuine re-install DVD.?

I reinstalled it before, but the OLD OS system (WINDOWS XP MCE 2005) was still there. During Re-installation I received copy error messages but continued reinstallation anyway. How do I get my system back to the point before I reinstalled windows or to brand new (when I received it out the box)?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can try a system restore point but there may not be one going so far back unless the reinstall was recent, or to do a clean install you need to change the Bios so that it reads of f the CD and not the hard drive first. To get to the Bios hit F2, F8, or Delete depending on the Bios itself. Once in the Bios there will be a list look in each one usually the first one until you find the one say something like 1st, 2nd, and 3rd boot device. Change the 1st Boot to CD and leave Hard drive to 2nd or 3rd and save the changes. Put the Xp CD in the tray and when the computer reboots it will load off the XP CD and all you have to so Is follow the instruction to do a clean in stall of XP. You may also want to back up all data you need on the drive as doing a clean install will wipe/reformat all data on the C drive.

• 5 years ago

Your going to have to reistall your os as a format and install I bet you tried to reinstall overtop the one that was there saving your data. If you have windows PE disk you could boot and delete the systems files and then reinstall but unless you have that your going to have to nuke and pave. Boot from your cd and format the drive and then reinstall the os.

• 1 decade ago

using System Restore (Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.