Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

99 camry wont start?

I put the key in the switch and the buzzer went off as normal. I tried to turn it on and it wouldn't turn over. Started making a ticking sound. I pulled the key from the swich and still making buzzing sound. Only way to stop the sound was to unhook the battery. What could this be from?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • bobweb
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The car is 8 years old, so it should have had two new batteries installed by now. If it has the original battery or the first replacement battery, you need to buy a new battery. You'll need a jump start to get to an auto parts store to have a new battery installed.

http://www.ehow.com/how_512_replace-car-battery.ht...

• 4 years ago

sparkling your battery cable terminals interior and out, now sparkling the battery connect factors. Tighten the cables decrease back directly to the battery so they are able to't be moved via hand and verify out that. If no good fortune, you may want a leap start up, battery value, starter relay, starter solenoid, or starter motor. to envision your starter motor, have somebody faucet on the starter housing with a hammer collectively as attempting to start the motor vehicle. If the motor vehicle starts off at this component, it is in all probability to be a foul starter motor.

• 1 decade ago

not turning over could be bad injectors, bad fuel pump, cloged gas line, or bad spark plugs. try getting some fuel injector cleaner and drop it in your gas tank and try and have a friend take one of the plugs out and c if it's good or bad

• 1 decade ago

Its 8 years old maybe its time to get a new car if you've had it for that long?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.