So-Called Hip Hop fans DON'T KNOW.........?

Alright..I'm looking at Yahoo answer & looking at answers on Soulja Boy. People are saying he's cool, cute, & got an hot song & saying "That's Hip Hop!" These are the same people that don't even know anything about Hip Hop Culture & don't even take the time to look into the roots of... show more Alright..I'm looking at Yahoo answer & looking at answers on Soulja Boy. People are saying he's cool, cute, & got an hot song & saying "That's Hip Hop!"
These are the same people that don't even know anything about Hip Hop Culture & don't even take the time to look into the roots of it. I bet they don't know who these artists are or NEVER even listened to them once:

1.Slick Rick
2.Big Daddy Kane
3.Das Efx
4.EPMD
5.Leaders Of The New School
6.MC Lyte
7.Audio Two
8.Special Ed
9. 3rd Bass
10.Kool Moe Dee
11.Brand Nubian
12.Eric B & Rakim
13. Dana Dane
14. Marley Marl
15. Roxanne Shante
15. Boogie Down Productions

If you don't know at least 1/2 these artist then you can't say what is Hip Hop. Soulja Boy is anything but Hip Hop.

My question is..why do people that ONLY KNOW an inch of HIP HOP say anything that plays on the radio/TV or in the clubs is Hip Hop. These are the same people that just started listening to Hip Hop a few years ago,before this it might have been rock/pop/dance etc.