Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Have you ever had a partner who wasn't affectionate as you?

Like at times where you want to cuddle or be close and they push you away?

Favorite Answer

ive never been pushed away, but i have been with someone who i wish would just come hug me more rather than me making all the moves.

On this earth, no one is perfect or no one shall exhibit affection as such physically outwards. It is our patience and endeavor to tap the love from the partner, by soft approach and really understanding their preferences and limitations as well. Once there is no proper communication or understanding between partners, the doubts like what you have been asking arise.

Hence the partners with real positive communication and give and take approach, can always derive affection from one another.

I definitely have and those relationships never lasted long because I love to be close to people I care for. I'm a very hands-on touchy person, even with my friends. I suppose I don't see how one can be affectionate and caring without connecting with other people first, and what easier way to connect than to be close to that other person.

NO! I do the check it out first lol....

That is one of the big ones in a relationship make sure right off the back if they are the same as you are when it comes to cuddling or kissing showing affection in public.if they are not like you the best thing to do is move on .Other wise you well be one lonely sad person not good.

No i have been very lucky to always have partners who are more affectionate than i am.

Yes one of my exes was like that.

I was the warm affectionate one and he was cold as ice.

I just think there was something wrong with him.

Yes I have experienced that too...The relationship didn't last long either as its just too hard for me to adjust to his way of "hands off" lifestyle..He didn't want to change and neither did I..=)

yes , how i wish it didnt take me 20 years to realise i was worth it and move on! lol

Yes. I believe he has Asperger's syndrome.

• Yep. I moved on. That won't work for me.