rrunited08 asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Need some Help/Guidance?

I can't say I've ever been "happy" with my life ever since high school, despite the brief moment of jubilation here and there. I guess I've always never been self-assured or confident in anything I do. I had fun my freshman year in college when I lived on campus but my parents decided I should live home (and commute 2 hours to school). I had a blast meeting friends and my anxiety/depresseion subsided. Living at home wasn't fun, but my grades went up even though I've lost contact with most of my friends. Then a year after that my parents got divorced and I really felt like giving up on everything, lost more friends, starting doing drugs, got awful grades. Now I am just coasting through life with no ambition nor care about anything, while most of my friends seem to be getting great jobs and girlfriends (yes I know they have problems too, but to me they are more juveinle). Commuting to school has made me more antisocial and I just can't reignite that happiness i've ever felt. I'm lost.

Favorite Answer

Here are my suggestions: Try talking to a priest/nun about ur problem or to an expert person who gives advises and guidance like guidance counsellors. Also try e-counselling, it's an online counselling service. Or consult a psychiatrist.

• Chelle

You are an adult. You know what changed your life negatively, and now it's time to reinvent the positive aspects of your life.

First, you need to start drug rehab, classes for addiction (i.e. AA), and/or seek counseling in order to build a better self image. This is a hard thing to do, but when you are ready, it can have many positive effects.

Second, it's time to cut the umbilical cord and make decisions for yourself. The decisions you allowed your parents to make for you had negative results. It's time to try something new or return to the time when you were happy.

Ask for God's guidance. God put you to it. He will put you through it. I swear. If you're in no hurry, I'm happy to share a site with you. This sure is long but I believe it's worth it. It's for helpless people. It inspired me very much. Here, http://www.lostseed.com/index.php

• idgaf

i feel the same way... a friend of mine goes to therapy and is on anti-depressants and they seem to work for her most of the time... as for myself, i usually just try to distract myself from my misery by focusing on other things around me... works only temporarily though.... it feels good to talk to people about it though... preferably complete strangers that won't be biased toward you in any way... maybe you should try that... good luck =)