Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

ex-girlfriend re-appears, what should I do?

I was at a family wedding this weekend, and I got chatting to an ex-girlfriend, who was my childhood sweetheart. We just drifted apart because we lived quite far away.

My current girlfriend and I have been together for a really long time, and to be honest it just kinda feels like there is no spark there any more.

I can't stop thinking about my ex though, and I am racked with guilt, so much so I havent eaten for 2 days.... is it guilt or lovesickness? who knows??

We have decided to meet for lunch sometime to catch up, and I'm really looking forward to seeing her again.

What should I do?

I know that is this situation, someone is going to get hurt, and I can't bear the thought of hurting my gf, but tbh, it has felt for a while that things are sliding downhill, and i fear this may be the final push...

Another bad sign, is than when my phone vibrates, I always hope it's her, nobody else...

Favorite Answer

This guilt or lovesickness will turn into regret if anything does happen. I would try and cancel the lunch.

Remember if it was meant to be with your ex you would be together. Your girl in the house is the one that has stuck by you thick and thin.

Sparks can be relit, so if you love your gf, don't do anything with your ex. Ask yourself how you would feel if your gf started talking and setting up lunch dates with her ex. If you really wouldn't feel at all jealous or upset then I guess you should just be honest with your gf and break with her. And do your gf a favor and tell her the REAL reason you want to break up(because you still have feelings for your ex). It will be more painful if your gf actually thinks there is a chance for you to reconcile after your break up.

well if you don't feel that you and your current gf have the spark anymore you should just end it. and as for the ex gf if you left on good terms...i would say to just take it slow and see where it goes there is obviously something there if you are already meeting for lunch

shes an ex for a reason.

dont hurt your current gf like that! if theres not a spark anymore, try new things.

Be honest with your current girlfriend and stop stringing her along

You have to find happiness for yourself, so give it a go, but remeber that there is someone else involved here, your current girlfriend. look after her, but do what is true to you.

See an expert. I would not recommend you cheat or dump your poor GF.

approach her and talk to her about everything behind the past moment of silent.

THREESOME