Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why is it that when you are preparing an answer for post it has 3 thumbs down before you post your answer?

I am getting so sick of this section...

Favorite Answer

The thumbs down shouldn't worry you - as long as you know that you are standing up for what is right.

You see? I only view my answer as having four (or more) people that agreed with me. :)

Because you already posted it. If you go back and re-edit it, it doesn't matter, your answer has already been posted and the person giving you a thumbs down won't see your new edit of your answer till he refreshes the page

Don't worry about thumbs downs or thumbs ups. They're silly anyway. I never look at those when I decide which is the best answer for my questions. I have my own brain.

Source(s): common sense
  • It doesn't matter to me how many thumbs down I get. In fact, when I post a pro-gay response and get lots of thumbs down, I view it as God convicting the hearts of those who promote homophobia.

I don't like people who post '.' or 'typing' just so they can get a top spot on the answers and then go and fill out their answer. Instant thumbs down.

Hope you recover from your sickness soon. Thumbs up for you.

Perhaps it is because it is bad manners to put things like "Wait a minute", upload it then start to write long statements.

You are trying to gain top spot for "Best Answer"?

Wow - I don't think I've seen that. I usually start out with 0:0. Maybe it's a latency issue.

you are ignoring me. I am giving you a thumbs down if you do not come and chat me soon...

You are hallucinating.

Look at your hands to make sure you know where your thumbs are, and count them.

I don't know. Are you one of those people who first post something like ''.'' or ''s'' just to reserve a seat?

If you are, then that's the reason.

It's the holy spirit of Y!A at work dear.... And it works in mysterious ways :-)