Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 decade ago

Can anyone tell me the names of ALL the Greek Gods?

I am curious.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Haze
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Here is a site that will give you all of them, there are 370.

http://www.godchecker.com/

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you mean the olympians? go here if you want ALL the greek gods. www.theoi.com I was a hellenic pagan for a bit in my teens this site is golden. as for the olympians...

zeus

hera

hades

hestia

poseidon

aphrodite

apollo

athena

ares

artemis

hermes

hephaestos

I always like to include Demeter and Persephone into the mix and say there is 14 because well demeter is interchangable and persephone is married to hades and the daughter of demeter. Also depending on who you ask hestia can be traded out for Dionysos, some texts say that she gave up her seat on olympos to stop a squabble of hera's. I believe it was robert frost.

hope this helped

• 1 decade ago

Aphrodite

Goddess of lust, love, and beauty, forced wife of Hephaestus. Ares is her main lover.

Apollo

God of the sun (light), music, healing, prophecy, truth, archery, and poetry.

Ares

God of savage war, vengeance, anger. Brother to Athena, and is the son of Zeus.

Artemis

Goddess of The Moon, hunting,young animals, maidens, childbirth, and archery. Twin sister of Apollo.

Athena

Goddess of wisdom, crafts, strategic, warfare and heros. Sister of Ares, and is the daughter of Zeus.

Demeter

Goddess of agriculture, grain, harvest and earth.

Dionysus

God of wine, merriment, and drama. He represents not only the intoxicating power of wine, but also its social and beneficial influences.

Eros

God of love, lust, and intercourse. He took on the appearance of a present day Cupid.

Hades

Lord of the Underworld and god of the riches found within the earth. Brother of Poseidon and Zeus.

Hephaestus

God of fire and the forge (god of fire and smiths)with very weak legs. Makes armor for the gods and other heroes like Achilles. Son of Hera. Zeus is his father in some accounts.

Hera

Goddess of marriage, family, motherhood and queen of the gods. Zeus' sister and wife. Known as the most beautiful of the goddesses.

Hermes

God of travel, thieves, and commerce. Messenger of the gods. Giant Killer. He showed the way for the dead souls to Hades's realm. He shows up in more myths than any other god or goddess.

Pan

God of nature, shepherds and flocks, mountain wilds, hunting and rustic music. A god who takes the form of a faun or satyr. Son of Hermes.

Poseidon

God of the sea, horses and earthquakes. Brother of Hades and Zeus and father of Polyphemus

Zeus

King of the gods. Son of Kronos. God of thunder and lightning. Brother of Poseidon and Hades. Husband of Hera. Loves women and has various relationships,heterosexual and homosexual, throughout Greek mythology, an idea which was not as frowned upon in Hellenistic society as it is today.

Aether

God of the upper air.

Chaos

Non-gendered deity of the nothingness from which all else sprang.

Kronos

God of eternal time.

Erebus

God of darkness and shadow.

Gaia

Goddess of the Earth (Mother Earth).

Hemera

Goddess of daylight.

Nyx

Goddess of darkness/night.

Tartarus

Lives in the pit of tartarus in the darkest deepest part of the underworld controlled by Hades.

Uranus

God of the heavens (Father Sky).

• 1 decade ago

With pleasure; Curly, Moe, Larry, Shemp, Groucho, Chico, Harpo, and Zeppo.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

This site lists all the Greek Gods http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_Gods

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.