Does my dog have rabies?

My peekingnese has been acting funny for a few weeks... He is snapping at the air, scratching alot, atacking his own foot and his rear end. He walks around like he is lost alot, and he cries alot too. He has gotten to where he whines about everything like he isnt getting any attention. This evening he tried to... show more My peekingnese has been acting funny for a few weeks... He is snapping at the air, scratching alot, atacking his own foot and his rear end. He walks around like he is lost alot, and he cries alot too. He has gotten to where he whines about everything like he isnt getting any attention. This evening he tried to atack me for no reason. I am really worried about him.. does my dog have rabies?
Update: he has been snapping at the air for about 6 months.. the tantrums just started, and him viciously biting himself just started too
Update 2: he had a rabies shot like a few weeks ago but if he already had the virus i dont know if the shot did any good
Update 3: I am really worried.. that dog is like family and he is such a little guy.. his shots are always up to date
Update 4: he is always on a leash when out side, and we took him to the vet last week for fleas and we told the vet about him snapping at the air and he checked his eyes and the color of his eyes is starting to cover his cornea.. maybe it is just driving him insane? he is well trained
Update 5: I did take him to the vet last week.. he just said he has fleas.. duh and the color of his eye was covering his cornea of his eye.. it was unlike anything he had ever seen/