Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

So, why is it ok for black people like the New York Knicks head coach/President Isiah Thomas to be found?

guilty of sexually harassing another woman (black woman too for that matter) and be found guilty by a jury and he and Madison Square Garden to have to pay this woman like close to 10 million (they've appealed it) and he still gets to KEEP his job, and the Rev. Jesse Jackson and Rev. Al Sharpton aren't up in arms about this, demanding he be fired, BUT, when Don Imus called the Rutgers women's B-Ball players "nappy headed ho's" and when Duane "Dog" Chapman, who is also white like Imus, said the N word several times in an illegally taped PRIVATE phone conversation, they both got fired from their jobs. Imus at CBS radio (he's coming back to the airwaves in NYC on monday) and Dog at A&E, and Sharpton and Jackson went after them with great fervor and conviction, but have failed to do so against the black Isiah Thomas. Do you see where I'm going with this???? It's called hypocracy. Thomas should be fired NOW or at least resign. You agree?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, you're right, Sharpton and Jackson are hypocrites, and Thomas DEFINITELY should be fired. After a multi-million dollar judgment like that, you would think MSG would want nothing to do with Thomas, plus, the Knicks stink.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

It's not ok - it just is. I personally think it's another case of the squeaky wheel getting the attention. If Sharpton and Jackson make enough noise, people get scared and other people lose their jobs. Plus Thomas is a high-profile black man in a high-profile basketball market/job. He's going nowhere anytime soon.

One of the other responders said Dog and Imus offended more a group of people. Weren't both those guys referring to very specific people?? Imus was talking about a group of women, but not black women in general- just those particular basketball players. And Dog was talking about one particular girl- the son's girlfriend.

I am more offended that Thomas was allowed to sexually harass a woman and get away with it by keeping his job. It allows other men- black, white or other- who are in charge some place to think they can do it and get away with it too.

• 1 decade ago

Rev. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are civil rights activists. When Don Imus made his remarks, they were racist, so it made sense that CIVIL RIGHTS activists would have something to say about it. Sex crimes don't relate to civil rights (technically you could argue women's rights, but Jackson and Sharpton aren't vocalists for women's rights)

• 1 decade ago

Naw its diffrent. The knicks coach offended one person. But seeing how Imus and dog are white and they said racist thing they offened more than a person. They offended a group of people. And they are supposed to be role models as well as the knicks coach.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's not OK. As for him only offending one person, a lot of women are probably offended, and a lot of good men, I know I am. Really, if something is to be done about him it will be by a women's group. Groups created for black people intervene for them. Groups created for women intervene for them. And so on ad infinitum. It would be nice if people could see past boundaries, but for now we'll just have to deal with different groups for different people.

• 4 years ago

they provide you a menu that could desire to describe what between the nutrients are. in the event that they won a hen Korma, they're very fair. some eating places which you would be able to choose how sizzling you opt for your curry from reasonable, medium to sizzling etc. some Indian ingesting places will merely provide you poppadoms and a few sauce as some element to easily nibble on jointly as your waiting on your meal and others you are going to be able to desire to reserve it. in many circumstances you order the rice, naan bread or chapati etc separate. additionally in the event that they have it, Mango Lasi that's a yogurt drink, is very fantastic. could desire to you may not eat all of it, countless Indian ingesting places will % it for you so which you are going to be able to desire to take it homestead.

• 1 decade ago

Our country says we are all equal but punisments differ greatly from state to state and even county to county. It seems to me our laws, federal and state should be the same no matter who you are or where you are.

• 1 decade ago

I think ccgirl73's answer hit the nail on the head.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.