Joseph L asked in EnvironmentConservation · 1 decade ago

How can I find a news article posted yesterday about saving on electric bill?

It dealt with adding something to the meter. I did not get the time to read the whole thing, or save if.

Best Answer

You are probably talking about enrolling in a demand response program. It's an agreement to cut usage at peak time. So, they install something on your meter to track the times you use gas and electricity. That way you get billed different rates for different times you use it. I'll post some details and a link to the program with PG&E.

Pacific Gas and Electric Company offers several electric demand response programs for business customers. These programs provide financial incentives and other benefits to participating customers to reduce their energy usage during times of peak demand. Your participation in PG&E’s Demand Response Programs can make a difference in the State’s energy and economic well being