Why do feminists persist in believing that their ideology is about 'equality'?

Why do feminists (using the term loosely) persist in their mistaken belief that their ideology is about 'equality' when all the evidence points to the contrary? That evidence is all around us. It seems to me that there are three kinds of lies; Lies, Damned Lies, and Feministic Lies. I'm an... show more Why do feminists (using the term loosely) persist in their mistaken belief that their ideology is about 'equality' when all the evidence points to the contrary?

That evidence is all around us. It seems to me that there are three kinds of lies; Lies, Damned Lies, and Feministic Lies.

I'm an equalist because I believe that men and women are born different but equal, are of equal worth, and are deserving of fair treatment under just laws. Equalism will eventually consign feminism into the garbage bins of history where it belongs.

Equalism is not just about equality, it is also the search for truth. Equalism believes that if an injustice is done you should fight against injustice regardless of sex, colour or age. Unlike feminism, which is gender-based, gender-biased, and parochial, equalism takes a much wider and sensible view of relationships between people
Update: [supplementary] Some good answers here, thank you everyone. Okay, but tell me, someone, why should some people in effect be 'more equal' than others? Doesn't seem to make sense, surely equal is equal is equal?
Update 2: [Object] Strangely enough, I am not out of sympathy with your situation which seems very similar to my own except that, being disabled, my rent gets paid for by the local council.
Update 3: [Object] Hmmm. Things are going that way here. One of the very first things that Blair said when he achieved power some 10 years ago was that we should "embrace capitalism"!