Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 decade ago

anti dandruff shampoo?

hi

i am looking at geting a bottle of head and shoulders anti dandruff shampoo which 2 are the best to use

Best Answer

classic clean if its for anti dandruff purposes

• Susan

I used to have a pretty bad dandruff problem in my mid teens. Was advised by GP to use a non-commercial dandruff shampoo product (like from a Chemist/Pharmacist) as they are more natural and have less chemicals in them that are damaging to the hair/skin. Sorry, can't remember the name of the one i used, it was a fair few years ago now. I do remember it had a very strong, almost nauseating smell and it was a dark brownie beer-like colour (kinda like Guinness, sorry if mis-spelt, i don't drink alcohol), like the typical cough medicines you can get, you know, the ones that taste as bad as they look. Well this anti-dandruff shampoo smelt as bad as it looked. But it did the job! Worth pointing out, if i remember rightly, the bottle said to use it for 2 weeks and then after that to continue using Head & Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo to finish off the job. The results were that i did just that and it worked well, i continued using the Head & Shoulders one until i finished the bottle, maybe 2 bottles (can't remember exactly), and then my dandruff was gone, just like that. Now, a few years later, i no longer have dandruff and i currently use a Radox shampoo (works very well for me so i'm sticking with it!) and all is fine! Good luck!

Most dandruff is seborrhoeic dermatitis. Selsun or Nizoral are the best to use with baby shampoo in between

Source(s): nurse and husband with dandruff

I agree Nizoral is probably the best, it does tend to dry the hair a bit, so you may need to use a moisturising shampoo in between.

Source(s): GP for more years than I care to remember

why don't u try before that { olive oil } at night and wash ur hair in the morning with warm water and medicated soap u will not need to use head and shoulders because sometimes it's worsen by the shampoo.

yes Head an shoulders terrible! use pantene the anti dandruff one it's much better! when i used head and shoulder it didn't get rid of the dandruff!

Selenium Sulphide is the best. Available as Selsun. Use with care as it will discolour gold jewellery.

• Dee L

Head and shoulders made my friend's hair fall out.....and no I am not joking.

Try Nizoral or T Gel - if these don't work see your gp.

i think head and shoulders id rubbish try ... nizoral shampoo you can get it on prescription or over the counter

Depends on your hair type. There is some for dry, some for greasy and some for normal (What ever that is).

Pick one that suits your hair type and one that is for regular use e.g every morning when you shower