Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Andrea N asked in TravelAustraliaSydney · 1 decade ago

Is Willoughby (sydney, Australia) a safe and convenient area to live in sydney ?

Favorite Answer

It's a safe area and it's on the train line to the city.

There is no railway station at Willoughby (although there are stations at Artarmon and Chatswood, some neighbouring suburbs).

Willoughby is very convenient to the CBD, with frequent buses. An expressway that gives rapid access to the Harbour Bridge runs through the suburb. About 5 km to the city.

Lots of parks, and a lot of trees in yards and on streets. It is convenient to the harbour, but a bit of a hike to a surf beach.

Source(s): I lived there for a few years, and my sister still lives nearby.

Willoughby is a nice safe area. You will love it, but will need to have your own car if you don't want to be stuck with public transport (buses).

I am pretty darn sure that the two TV towers are in Artarmon, south of Chatswood, and not Willoughby. The third one (the ABC tower) is at Gore Hill near St Leonards, on the Pacific Highway near Artarmon. So I really wouldn't worry about them.

I have the exact same question! We are moving up from Melbourne, and Willoughby seems to be the suburb that stands out. However, I just found out that this suburb is also the home of the Nine Network and next to its site is the tallest tv tower in Australia. Other dominant networks in Australia (7, 10 and SBS) also have their transmission tower installed in the area. My concern is that will tv towers affect our health long-term?

Cheerio