Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

i need CHEAP airline tickets?

do you have any suggestions? websites? im military dependent, does that have a discount?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Try the airline websites that fly from your airport.

This is a great site to research.

http://www.militarytogo.com/

you can try this site for a military discount

http://www.bookingbuddy.com/

good luck)

• Really it depends on your destination and if you are flexible on your times and dates.

Always always check with the airlines directly before you check out the following discount sites:

priceline.com

kayak.com

expedia.com

cheapoair.com .

Find the BEST deal directly through the airlines first after you have exhausted playing around with the dates then go through the discount sites. If there are other alternative airports in the area, explore these too. You can save a significant amount if you fly out of an alternate airport.

Also, if you have the nerve to wait, sometimes the airlines get into a fare war at the last minute and will release seats at better prices when they weren't previously available. You could end up saving a bundle of cash if you are flexible.

• 1 decade ago

My favorite site for cheap fares, hands down, is kayak.com.

It's a "roll-up" site, in that it searches multiple other sites for you, including many of those listed by previous respondents (cheapoair.com, Expedia, etc.). In this way, it does the work for you, and rank orders the flights according to price. Additionally, you can have kayak send you email alerts on fare changes for a given route.

I used to travel with a large group for work on a regular basis. We played a 'game' in which the person who found the lowest fare won dinner from the other player. I had many, many free meals as a result of kayak.

As for the military dependent issue: Once you select your routing and fare on Kayak, it will send you directly to the 'originating' site to book your flight, be it the ailines own site or another travel service like Orbitz. If the flight in question offers any such discount, you will be prompted to enter your information during the booking and payment process.

Have fun with your search, and Happy Travels!

Kango Traveler

• SWC
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

The only sure place to get military discounts is at your local base Commercial Travel Office or MWR.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

visit http://www.trendyairfares.com/

You can pick and choose a lot of discounted airfares on a good lot of websites. but I am not too sure if any of them offer military discounts!

• 1 decade ago

It depends on where you are going. Cheaptickets.com is a good website. Just do your research on line you will find something at a good price.

• 1 decade ago

Visit kulula.com airlines,flymango etc...

Source(s): www.kulula.com www.flymango.co.za
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.