Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

Im 7 months pregnant?

I just turned 17 2 weeks ago and I'm 7 months pregnant but I don't look like it. No one knew that I was pregnant until mid November when I turned 7 months. I'm very quiet in school, so I guess it was a big shock to everyone.

I take a health care class and the subject that we are covering now is "pregnancy prevention". And I feel weird that the teacher is talking about this, she ask me questions like "how does it feel" or "can you bring your ultrasound tomorrow" and I get a million stares and nasty looks and it makes me feel bad.

I know I did wrong and I tried to hide it, but why does everyone feel the need to look at me when the subject is being taught.

p.s. I'm not the only "parent" in that class so whats the big deal with me.

Favorite Answer

What your teacher is doing isn't right. I would talk to her after class and inform her it upsets you. And I don't know how it is in your area but teen pregnanct is no longer a big surprise here. I graduated in 2006 and there were 32 pregnant girls in my graduating class. My younger sister who is 16 is pregnant. now. Most of the teeangers in my town are either pregnant or have a child. One of the girls I graduated with was pregnant with her 4th child when we graduated.

I honsetly don't think you did wrong.. Everyone makes mistakes. Just don't drop out of school and don't love your child any less.

talk to the teacher, and tell her that you don't really feel comfortable with her pointing out every day that you made a mistake, and you don't really like being the spotlight of the class.

I hate to say it, but get use to it, my sister was in the same situation as you, except she was 18, and always had to listen to people talk about her.

Every one has there opinion, and some people think that theirs is SO important that you should hear it.

I had my first kid at 21. I've heard a million times that's too young to have a kid. Also I have 3 kids, and I hear all the time, "wow you have that MANY kids", but for me it isn't a lot. I come from a big family.

If the talk doesn't work, just grin and bear it. You won't be in that class forever. Good Luck!!

I think it's very unprofessional of the teacher to ask you these questions, first of all. You should not be put out there in front of everyone so blatantly by this educator, and you would think that she would know that.

With that being said, get used to getting strange looks from people. I had my daughter at 18, and now (she's 6 and in first grade), when I go to her school (with my 10 month old son, I might add) I get a lot of looks from the mostly older parents there.

What's done is done. You're pregnant, and I am assuming that you are stepping up and handling your responsibilities. Just worry about yourself and your child. Other people.....doesn't matter what they think. There is no turning this back. You're pregnant and you are going to be a mother. No matter what anyone thinks, it's happening. So all you can do is ignore it.

Source(s): Mother of two

hi there, sorry to hear that your teacher is so rude. do u know that u can report her for her rudeness? she should know better of all people in the world. she's a teacher not your keeper. u don't have to feel ashamed at all. u did the right thing by sticking to your education first & by keeping your baby all by yourself. maybe your teacher is directing her questions to you about the ultra sound picture because it will show the classroom how beautiful your unbourn child is. maybe that's the reason for that but only that! you should stay after class & have a talk with her & let her know that her actions r hurting u personally & also that it makes the other one sided classmates look at u funny. i would do that so that she knows how u feel about her actions in the classroom. if she continues then u should report her because it's not right & she should know this. she should have asked you first about how u would feel if she used you as a reason for the class to be more educated first of all. not just do it. good luck & let me know how u made out ok? bb, nobrethequeen

Source(s): self

There are always going to be the looks and stares from people who like to make judgements without knowing you. Just remember, high school is only a temporary thing. Pretty soon you will be out of there and no one is going to care that you were pregnant. That's the nice thing about high school, after graduation none of the stupid, lame drama lasts. (Well, there is still drama, but no one cares who you dated, who had a baby, who was a cheerleader, who went to prom, etc.) Just let it go, especially because you KNOW that some of them are guilty of the same "crime."

It wasn't wrong to hide it from your classmates. It is none of their business to know about your pregnancy and all other personal things. Don't let anyone tell you that you were wrong. As long as you were getting proper healthcare and taking care of yourself, that's all that matters.

As for your teacher, wait until after class or after school and tell her that you would rather not be asked uncomfortable questions in class. You have every right to not answer her rude queastions.

to the dummy Doesn't'_matter who said it is impossible to be seven months pregnant and not show is wrong and dumb of him to say it without knowing anything about carrying a child I am seven months pregnant hardly showing and have a very healthy baby boy in my belly every women carries different and to your situation the teacher may also feel a bit uncomfortable teaching a pregnancy prevention class to a pregnant student let her know or get your parents to let her know you think she is drawing unwanted attention to you. Good luck on your pregnancy and don't worry about the stares just get your education and while they are in class staring at you beautiful belly they are the ones missing out be strong and it's great to hear you are that far along and still getting your education you are gonna need it...

First of all, I would suggest speaking to the teacher privately. Tell her respectfully and politely that it makes you uncomfortable and you would prefer that she not do it anymore. I'm sure she will agree. secondly, you may want to consider being a bit more open about your pregnancy. I know it's uncomfortable, but people are going to talk regardless. And it's going to be less stressful for you if you KNOW what they are talking about. I had a friend in high school who got pregnant at 15, and was open about it from the beginning. People asked her questions, she answered them, and we all still had a lot of respect for her when it was over and she had that beautiful little boy to take care of. Good luck - I'm sure things will be fine.

• Robin

I gave birth to my daughter 6 weeks after my 17th birthday. I was considered "the least likely to" when I was in high school. Back then, our classes were held off campus. We were separated from our school and our friends. And we felt like outcasts.

I'm living proof that you will outgrow the title of "teen mom". My daughter will turn 31 in a few days. While it was tough those first few years, she is one of the biggest blessings in my life! Having her grounded me.

I graduated high school. After working two jobs, I realized I needed a college degree (or some type of vocational training) to make enough money to support us. Initially, I was told that I couldn't afford college. But I was young and stubborn and I didn't listen. Without help from my family, I graduated with an AS degree from a community college, working part time through school.

The point of that story is to say, "You can do anything! Don't listen to people who say it's not possible. Because there will be those people. And they are WRONG!"

BTW, I got pregnant while using birth control. HELLO! Birth control is not full proof!

I totally agree that you should talk to the teacher and let her know you feel awkward enough and would appreciate it if she would stop singling you out in class. If you're not comfortable talking to her, write her a note.

Many of the stares you get are from pure curiosity. Perhaps a little fear. Because many of the girls in your class are sexually active. Most of them are in denial that it can also happen to them.

What you did is HUMAN. It's not the first time in history, nor will it be the last. So hold your head up high. You'll get through this. It will take a little extra work. You're growing up faster than some of your friends. But they'll catch up with you eventually.

And as far as all your friends staying up partying now while you're at home caring for your baby...well, so what! Later in life when they're staying up with their babies, you'll be traveling or on a cruise anywhere. You'll be in a better position financially to enjoy your freedom and still young enough party late into the night. : ) I know. My husband was 19 when his twins were born. At 34, we were taking cruises with friends to Puerto Vallarte and the Caribbean.

First off congrats on the baby! Mention to your teacher that it makes you uncomfortable when she mentions you about everything, because it bothers you how the students look at you all the time. Just bring it up to your teacher after class and ask for her not to bring you up all the time in class about anything dealing with you being pregnant!! She should stop if it if she knows it bothers you. That isn't right that she's bringing you up in everything dealing with pregnancy!

Once again congrats!!

If you really feel uncomfortable talking about in, pull your teacher aside either before or after class and talk to them about it. Maybe they didn't know that they were putting you on the spot. You should just tell them how you feel and ask to be left out of the conversation.