Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

My mom is telling me to pick a theme for my new bedroom so that we can start buying new things..any ideas?

I'm 14 and we are moving into our new house. i need a theme...i want my room to be nice and cool...and just a cool place to just relax in. what kind of theme would you do?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • yowza
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

So many!

Animals - whatever is your fave - cats, penguins, bears, etc.

Cities like New York, Paris, London

Dancing - ballet, tango, Broadway posters

Fantasy - fairies, mermaids, dragons

Fashion

Flowers

Music

Nature

Sports

• beez
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Go to a paint section of a home improvement store and look at paint samples. They're free, so take some home. Choose colors you like and that are relaxing. The details will come easily after the paint job is finished.

• 1 decade ago

Tropical beach hut look, beach bum carefree, come as you are. Colors can be pastel greens, blue, and even peach. Off white gauze like curtains with those bamboo roman blinds. Comfy wicker furniture with over sized cushions. Half the wall can be one shade of green, the other, a lighter shade. Your bed, can have one of those draping cloth canopies in a muted tone. Furniture you have that doesn't fit, can be painted a off white "milk" colored paint, even semi distressed, or with that crackling stuff on it. Replace the closet doors with a simple curtain and curtain rod for that causal look. You can use simple canvas fabric for that.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Kentucky coal country theme

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

my friend's sister has a beach room that is very relaxing. tan floors as sand, blue ceiling for the sky, and paint an ocean on the wall.

• Depends on what kind of things you like and what kind of colours you think r cool.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Evil clowns, zombies coming out of a graveyard, just dont color it purple.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

pick a lighter color for your room, make it clutter free ....maybe barbie theme???

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.