Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Russia · 1 decade ago

tourist visa from russia to usa?

an internet date wants me to send 850 euro to russia for registration fees for travel abroad visa, passport, medical inquiry, how can i know if this is a scam or not??? there is also plain tickets in there.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

big scam!!

Source(s): Russian who used to travel to the US on a tourist visa
  • ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

I even have been corresponding with a woman from Cheboksary. Her call is Anna. is this a similar woman? i replaced into requested recently approximately sending 420 Euros to the business enterprise. What business enterprise i do no longer understand. I requested for all the information and have yet to get a respond. It replaced into basically the day earlier than this nonetheless, so i will supply her time to respond. She stated it may well be 280 Euro for Visa and a hundred and eighty Euros for passport. it fairly is approximately $622 U.S. money. Does that sound suitable to anybody?

• 1 decade ago

Scam.

If she really wanted to come, she would ask you for an invitation (needed for the visa) and paid-for flight tickets.

You would not send her any money, you would instead battle with the embassy in Moscow and the immigration office for her visa. Once you got this, you would then call up Aeroflot or Lufthansa, book the tickets in her name on your plastic and have the airline issue an electronic ticket.

At the outmost you would send 100 EUR for her to get to the airport - after you paid for the flight tickets.

Source(s): German, used to work in immigration, have been to Russia and speak Russian
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Scam .t_maia20 is right. Plain ticket is just about $700-1200. For 850 euro she/he just go to good restaurant + taxi.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Oh God, this question gets asked at least 3 times a week...

It is a scam. And you're probably corresponding not with a woman, but with an old fat con-artist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.