Alan
Alan asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

How do you keep dogs from barking?

We have neighbors that live right across from us. They have a rotweiler dog, I think, all I know is that it is somewhat a big dog. It's not vicious when you're around it, but it has a problem with barking. It just won't shut up! Everyday I come home from school, 'bark, bark,' and then when I'm doing homework, while everyone's sleeping, when we're having a dinner that isn't any longer quiet, when reading, UGHH!

AND, the neighbor BEHIND them has a dog, that always barks along with the other one too!!

I am sick of those dogs. I mean, I actually do like animals, just not that dog. I don't wish bad things to it, I just wish I could scream SHUT UP! Right at its face, and tell the neighbors to get out or shut the dog up. But..that'd be a little mean hahah.

Anyways, what ways or methods would you recommend me for making the dog no longer a nuisance in the hood?

Favorite Answer

First talk to your neighbors to see if they will at least try to keep the dog quiet.

If that doesn`t work you want to get a hold of your local animal control to lodge a complaint.

If you live in a city I`m sure that their are noise laws regarding this type of matter.

Good Luck

I had exactly the same problem. I had a neighbor's sheltie that barked constantly. I talked to the neighbor and she didn't do anything about it. I ended up calling the police and filing a disturbing the peace complaint. I know that seems extreme, but that was the only way I could deal with it. I found out later that my complaint wasn't the only one on the street. Eventually the neighbors got rid of the dog because they couldn't train the dog. GOOD for us, bad for the dog.

Talk to your neighbors. I can't stand this either. And all the dogs that bark, are the ones that never get to go inside. They pretty much want attention.

• well if its barking that much then they need to give it more attention or feed or water it or something....even some type of chew toy......it shouldnt bark all the time unless they are doing something wrong to make it upset....all i can say is that you should go and talk to your neighbours and tell them that you cant take the barking any more....maybe have your parents come with you...then your neighbours will no that its a big problem.....good luck!

Tere is a special collar that shocks the dog when it barks, but that should be your last reasource. Whenever the dog starts to bark yell anhanh.

try talking to neighbors or landlord also barking is a nuisance maybe local dog warrant or pd may be able to help u out

1

Source(s): Basic Obedience Dog Training http://dogtrainingclasses.emuy.info/?74gb

Citronella barking collar - it sprays an annoying smell every time they bark. They hate the smell and stop barking.

it not ur problem they dont have to train it not to bark if they dont want 2

take a squart gun and spray them everytime they brark!!! I did that to my dogs when we went camping and it worked so good. and mabey walk them