Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

Im using avart antivirus and it detected a virus called C:/WINDOWS.MEMORY.DMP, is this safe to delete?

• Favorite Answer

I have Avast! antivirus also (Avast Home 4.7), and just ran it this morning. I routinely delete any viruses it identifies, and have never had a problem attributable to no longer having the infected file on my computer. I would rather do a system restore to the factory settings (or the less drastic version which keeps some of the software you've installed) than keep any infected files on my computer.