Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

mpg CONVERTER?

is there any way i can make a youtube video into mpg format so i can use it on windows movie maker since i dont have divex for avi formats? or if not where can i get mpg videos?

BIG THANX!!!=D

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

dont know if this is right but i used t coovnert videos using "total video converter" but not sure if it can do avi. format. hope that helps.

• 1 decade ago

You can convert youtube files to the formats that Windows Movie Maker supports. Windows Movie Maker does not support general youtube files you downloaded on PC, as the files are in FLV format. You can convert the flv files with youtube converter and get .avi, .wmv, etc files for Windows Movie Maker.

I recommend Moyea YouTube Converter, with which the youtube videos can be converted with image and text watermark. You can even change the parameter settings such as bit rate, video size.

Here is the simple guide for the conversion.

1. Download the youtube converter from the official site http://www.my-video-converter.com/youtube_converte... and install it.

2. Run the program and browse to find the video you want to convert on IE or Firefox, etc.

3. Copy the URL of the video to the converter, or drag the URL of the Related Videos on right side to the floating icon of the converter.

4. Choose the Format as .avi or .wmv, and then click the bottom-right button to start converting.

When the conversion completes, click the Open button on the main interface to find the output files.

• 1 decade ago

dnt think so ill find out

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try zamzar.com thats what I use

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.