Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 decade ago

feeling sick the day after i was inked?

So I got a tatt yesterday, and this morning I woke up feeling like I was hungover.. I had absolutely nothing weird in my system yesterday.. I have a really bad headache, and have vomited a couple times. Is there any corrolation, or is just a fcking weird coincidence..

I'm a guy, so no, i'm not pregnant haha.

Update:

The place was very clean I saw everything come out of the packaging...

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

How large is the tattoo? How late in the day did you get it done? If it's large enough your body could still be in a little bit of shock as really the tattoo is like one large wound that your body has to work at healing. If you hadn't eaten much that day, both before and after the tattoo it could be adding to the feelings you're experiencing as your body needs lots of energy to heal that tatt.

Eating something should help calm your stomach down and hopefully make you feel better if you haven't already gotten to that point.

• 1 decade ago

How clean was the tatt place? Might just be food poisoning, but if the needles weren't clean (or they re-use ink), you can definitely pick up bugs from that.

For now, treat it like stomach flu/food poisoning, but if you aren't feeling better in a day or two (or run a bad fever), I'd call the doctor.

• 1 decade ago

I think it's just a coincidence. You may have picked up a virus or something...this is the perfect time of year for illness. If it continues for more than a few days or the site of the tat looks infected, go to the dr. i have many tats and have never experienced anything like that.

• BC
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Could be many causes, some related to the tattoo, some not. You can wait a few days and see if you croak. And if not, let us know how you feel in case you need more of our help.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Some inks contain odd things to give them their colors so maybe your having a reaction to them in your system....or could be the Flu.

• 1 decade ago

Well if it was a really big and lengthy tattoo, you may have not had enough nutrition when getting it done. you have to get a tattoo after a good mean to heal properly

• 1 decade ago

~i believe you are just coming down with something. i dont think there is any correlation between the two. also...you really should consider not using the f word on here. we still get the idea of what you are trying to say without it. there are A LOT of very young kids on here.

• 1 decade ago

maybe weird coincidence

everything was sterile, right?

i have tattoos and never felt like that

• the same thing happened to me when i got one of my tattoos. mine was really big and covered like half of my back and anytime i moved it would rub against my pants or if i bent down and it was really painful and i threw up a few times?.....is yours really big, could that be it?

• 1 decade ago

Ring your tattooist and tell them. And go to hospital too, to be on the safe side.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.