Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

Christmas withoutt alcohol?

This will be my first christmas since being a child without alcohol and I am dreading it. Thats what christams and new year was about to us was drinking and parties, but since giving up I hate the thought of it, sure theres pleanty of people who don't drink at christmas but you'll often find they are the people who have never drunk so don't know what they are missing out on, but it seems everyone drinks at christmas, going to parties without alcohol is like having bread with no butter it horrible.

Have you went through christmas/new years without any alcohol? Is it as hard as I imagine?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I think you ought to look at some good alternatives fruit punch for example.

non alcholic cocktails, you can get some great adult fruit drinks that's almost like drinking sparkling wine.

You are limited only by you imagination

You don't need alcohol to have a good time at Christmas. I got in one of the worst fights I had ever been in with my mom on Christmas Eve when I was in my early twenties. She was tryng to take a bottle of tequila away of me and we got into a struggle. And then I went over to this butt head's mothers house to see the butt head but he hid from me because I was drunk and plus he was a jack*** anyway and still is! Anyway, sound like fun? Have a Merry Christmas!

• enn

I'm allergic to alcohol, so I never had a problem without it or miss it.

Look up recipes for fun non-alcoholic drinks you could bring with you and show the bartender. Most bartenders are interested in learning how to make non-alcoholic mixers for designated driverd or children that they could spice up with a splash for "chick drinks". I want to try a "Mock Mojito" with plain soda water, lime juice, mint, a touch of sugar and salt on the rim.

Coke with pomegranate juice is a nice touch of bitter, Coke with Cranberry Juice is a nice sparkler. Bonk yourself on the head with a V-8 mixed with a touch of Ginger Ale and get your serving of vegetables at the same time.

Let me tell ya', waking up the next day with a clear head, no hangover, and a full memory of the night before is worth going non-alcoholic.

Maybe this is the year to meet new friends who don't drink, and find out the fun they have without it. My brothers and sisters and friends from church used to have fun doing weird things without needing "beer Guts" for courage - like going swimming at a hotel's indoor swimming pool on Christmas Eve, setting of fireworks in the park at New Year's, we work the Rose Bowl football game in Pasadena every January 1 as ushers, we danced the night away ata several church dances, we held our own "Turkey Bowl" on Thanksgiving mornings, we walked behind the Rose Parade at the end of the parade, we marched in the Rose Parade with the marching band, we performed in Christmas shows and we went bike riding to watch the boat parade in the harbor on Christmas Eve.

There is so much to do minus the alcohol. Once you get busy getting involved in the activity, you won't miss it, I promise you.

Good luck in staying sober. One big benefit is remembering what the drunks forgot and holding it against them forever.

Source(s): personal experience
  • mandy

i could and characteristic had NON alcohol events and get togethers without problems in any respect....on the ivites I do write that it rather is a NON alcohol party and NO BYOB because of the fact i don't opt for to be accountable for all and sundry getting intoxicated in my homestead or on my belongings not in ordinary terms as a results of criminal ramifications yet i don't understand how i could desire to stay with myself if that they had and twist of destiny after leaving my party. yet an alternate determination is make it a BYOB and assure risk-free rides homestead by a non drinker.

Giving up anything harmful is hard when you are around others that are partaking of it. You have had a year sober getting through this one will make next year easier and soon you will wonder what you ever thought you needed it to have fun for!

happy to hear you are sober....maybe you should find sober people to surround yourself with during the holiday season so that you aren't tempted and if that isn't possible just remain strong and be thankful you have become sober....drinking destroys lives! Best of Luck....maybe you can help others who are struggling during this season...pass it on!

I know what you mean man... Its tough. It wasn't till I picked up a habit of cocain was I able to kick alchohol. I never thought I would be able to do it, but coke is very magical and came through for me. Try it, its your only hope.