Why American Indians don't have beard?

Shown in the movies, American Indians from the northest of Canada or Eskimo to Southest of South American do not have beards even from the time Columbus and the other conquerors found America until today. They also do not have hair in the armpits. Do they have pubic hair? Their head hair are flowing and straight. Or do they already know how to shave even before the coming of Columbus?

True more people in different nations have more beard than the others. But this one is different. When the explorers came in, their faces are smooth; the Mohicans, Cheyennes, South American Indians, Apache, etc. Outside their territory like the Africans, Europeans, Asians, they have hairs on their faces. I go for generics. Are there other views. Thank you all for your answers. I like them all.

Favorite Answer

genetics. Some races are more hairy than others. As Richard Dawkins once pointed out, the ability to be hairy, more or less, is in us all, just the same as the gene for a tail is in us all. Some races have different genes active while others do not. There is a lot of speculation as to why that may be, environment being a very obvious one, but it is hard to say.

I do not believe indians were avid shavers, although I am certain there are indians that were capable of growing beards as well, even if it was rare. I know several people today, who have no known claim to indian heritage that could not grow a beard if they never shaved .

Because the hair is all on their heads. I love their hair. I want it for myself. I'm Irish, I have a ton of hair on my head, all different colors, and it's long straight and flowing. I don't have armpit hair or pubic hair .. Never did.

are their vaginas naturally bald and are any giina's stink free?

Because of all their "close shaves" with the early explorers?