I hav received email from yahoo award center that i hav won Yahoo Prize Award GBP950,000 from Manchester, UK?

This mail from "cordinator.uk15@live.com" said that I have won a yahoo prize award GBP 950,000 the month of December 2007. the mail gave me batch number, reference number and pin to claim the prize. request me to contact yahoo awards center

124 Stockport Road, Longsight, Manchester M60 2DB - United Kingdom.

Email:info_coordinatoruk1@yahoo.co.uk

Tel/fax: +447011120643

Co-ordinator's Name: Mr. Druv Matindale

they request the follwing infomation to get the fund

1. Full name................................

2. Country...................................

3. Contact Address.......................

4. Telephone Number.....................

5. fax Number...................................

5. Marital Status.............................

6. Occupation...............................

7. Sex.............................

8. Date of Birth/Age ...............................

9. Identity card(carte identite).............

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

This is a SCAM. Check out the below link for confirmation of various scams, including the famous Yahoo/MSN lottery scams and how to report them.

http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/lotteryscam_...

Unscrupulous thieves have sent you this email and they are trying to part you from your hard earned cash. They will often ask you to call a premium rate number and keep you holding on whilst you rack up a huge phone bill. They are then paid a large proportion of this phone bill. They may ask you to divulge personal information about yourself or ask for your bank or credit card details. Do not divulge any such information under any circumstances. It is surprising how many innocent victims have been duped by these types of emails. Just remember the thieves who send them are very clever and extremely convincing. I suggest you delete the email and send it into cyberspace, hopefully along with the thieving scumbags who send them.

Check out these sites for further information :

http://www.scambusters.com

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/

Source(s): Experience within Criminal Justice Dept. U.K. (dealt with such scams.)
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

So, have you given them this all-important information? Without that, they can't rip you off, can they?!? This is a long-running internet scam, been going on for years. Just put this in spam where it belongs. There is no such thing as Yahoo prize awards. Yahoo does not give away money - never has - never will.

• 4 years ago

These scams are very common, usually originating from Africa. The email sent was spoofed and if you wanted to claim the prize there would be lots of addition payment for clearing you would have to send.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You don't get anything for nothing, it's a scam do not answer do not give personal information.The following sites give more information.

www.scambusters.org

www.hoaxbusters.ciac.org

www.scambusters-419.co.uk

www.truthorfiction.com

.Also If you go to the following link you will get some info on ID theft www.identity-theft.org.uk the iinternet is safe enough if you are careful but please answer nothing that you are doubtful about.Good Luck and be careful.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Never give anyone personal information over the internet. This will help you avoid identity theft. This email sounds like a scam, so just say "NO".

• 1 decade ago

first Yahoo is incorporated in the US so if they did ever have a lottery wouldn't you think they would do in the US?

why the UK? (something fishy here)

2nd there is a federal law that prohibits any US citizen in taking part in *any* foreign lottery

3rd do you remember entering any lottery?

as you can see its a scam

plus any email from yahoo themseleves

would be yahoo-inc.com

• 1 decade ago

It is a TOTAL fraud. Report it to abuse@yahoo.com

Also, to check on other "phishing" e-mail or to check out those incredible forwards you get, I have found that www.truthorfiction.com offers the best results and most up-to-date information. You can also include a new search to see if it is true or not.

Source(s): www.truthorfiction.com
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you do a Yahoo!Seach on that street address, this is what you get:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Beware_of_International_Lo...

NEVER give out those sorts of details to an unknown requestor....

If you did not enter, you did not win, and even if you DID enter a lottery, chances are you didn't win squat!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Report this immediately it is a blatant and not very clever scam. In future don't open delete at once if you even suspect it is scam.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is a spam don't do it !!!!!!!!

It would only be from yahoo if it had xxx@yahoo.xx (X's are just meant as substitute for what goes there)

And I don't think yahoo has contests ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.