Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

I feel ugly?

I am a young woman, who always gets hit on a lot by men. I'm constantly being told that i am very beautiful. Sometimes i feel it, and then there are other times like now when i feel very ugly. Can anyone tell me what might be going on with me psychologically. I do have a good deal of self esteem, but i don't understand why i feel ugly. Recently i have been dating men, and when things seem to be going good they just stop communicating with me. I wonder if this has anything to do with me feeling incompetent. And I usually always feel ugly afterwards.

Best Answer

You might be feeling used. If people only like you for looks it can make you feel ugly or stupid. You need someone who actually likes you for your personality and looks. Look at yourself in the mirror some time. Tell yourself your beautiful no matter what anyone says. After a while you start to belive it.

Beautiful women are often pretty messed up. That is because guys are always screwing with thier head.

It's all about the chase to them. Once they have you they get scared and run. Or it could just be about "getting" you as I said.

Why do you feel ugly? That is perhaps you wanting to defeat yourself so that this cycle stops.

I think you need to stop "dating" so much and looking for Mr. Right. Set some goals for yourself and don't make life about just landing a man. When you know who you are, you will know the type of man that is right for you too.

Stop making it the man's choice about who it is you should be with. Sounds like you are just looking for love in alll the wrong faces.

If youve got people complimenting you on your looks all the time, then on some level you'll probably connect physical appearance to self worth - so, if your not happy with you're life, you'll feel ugly.

I often get told how clever I am (how people come to this conclusion when I sweep floors in a warehouse I don't know), so for me, when I'm down I tell myself I'm a moron.

I don't know if it will work for you, but I've found having a pursuit you can throw yourself into works well; for me its sketching. For one thing it focuses my brain on something totally abstract, so its unable to go over the same old crap it usualy does, and at the end of it I often produce something I'm quite happy with, making it difficult for me to see myself as a completely useless tosser.

• You are being used. Don't let men use you... You are beauitiful.