Why do Americans dislike Mexican immigrants?

Not necessarily all, obviously, but there seems to be a general feeling of frustration or unhappiness about Mexican immigrants in the United States.

I do not live in the States, so I'm genuinely curious - am I incorrect? If I am correct, why are Americans frustrated by Mexican immigration? Thank you!
Update: I feel for you, Nick. It is a very unhappy person who goes out of their way to make others feel stupid, especially if that person is trying to learn. Thank you to the others who corrected me on my mistake, I didn't realize it was a matter of going through the 'legal channels' that was the big problem. show more I feel for you, Nick. It is a very unhappy person who goes out of their way to make others feel stupid, especially if that person is trying to learn.

Thank you to the others who corrected me on my mistake, I didn't realize it was a matter of going through the 'legal channels' that was the big problem.