Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPlayStation · 1 decade ago

I just purchased a PS3, I am connecting it to Dell 37” HDTV with composite PS3 cable. only output is 480i???

I just purchased a PS3, I am connecting it to my Dell 37” HDTV with the composite PS3 cable. The only output I am getting is 480i, all other PS3 setting options go black. TV is capable of up to 1080i, and am getting that with my HDDRV… has anyone run into this problem? I am thinking I need a component or HDMI cable.

Any help is appreciated.

• Neil N
    Best Answer

composite is only up to 480i

use the component cable for up to 1080i and the HDMI for up to 1080p.

It's working fine. If you're using composite cables (yellow, red, and white plugs), then that's all you're going to get. If you want HD output, you'll have to get either component (green, blue, red, red, white) or HDMI cables. Then you need to go to the cross bar menu and change the settings to 720p/1080i/1080p.

its because ur using composit cables if u want it hd then u need hd or vag cables then they should be up 2 1080i

you just nned a hdmi cable to make it hd and then you start playing

• Erika

dito i merely have been given dell inspiron 1525 and have been given sky broadband too. while uve linked have u placed the style/letters that are on the backside of ur router thingy, thats all i had to do and it worked.