Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 decade ago

SkateBoard Bairings?

Are Bones Bairings better than Abec?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The ABEC rating system is not to test every manufacturer’s bearings and proclaim them good or bad, but to establish dimensions, tolerances, geometry, and noise standards for bearings. The ABEC rating system includes grades 1,3,5,7, and 9. The higher the ABEC rating, the tighter the tolerances are, making the bearing a more precision part.

In other words, ABEC is a measure of the properties of bearings, some compainies use the ABEC ratings as a measure of speed or quailty, but that is not always true.

Bones, as well as some other companies that manufacture precision bearings, make all parts of the bearings specifically for skateboarding.

• V
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

this is how bearings are rated(by the way bones reds still have a abec number but they dont show it) theyre from least to greatest:

Abec 1 EX: walmart

Abec 3 EX: ninja 3

Abec 5 EX: Zoo York Midtown

Abec 7 EX: Bones Reds

Swiss EX: Lucky Swiss or Bones Swiss

• 1 decade ago

yes way better but ABEC is pretty good too if they suck like mine i hav abec 5 it spins 4 three seconds i put wd-40 and it spins 4for 15-20 seconds now! i'd get bones though

• 1 decade ago

yeah it is better, try to get on that, Bones Bairings is more good.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

I even have been skating maximum of my existence. And my very own opinion is sure you do choose a definite form of shoe to skate in case you care approximately your grip tape and the footwear you dont wana decrease to rubble skating with. in the experience that your on a funds and dont wanna spent alot of money on footwear then bypass to payless footwear and spend like 20 greenbacks on some airwalks. or in case you like the final bypass on your community skateshop and spot what they have on clearance. they have high quality footwear for like 30-35 greenbacks.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bones are the best.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.