If it means John 3:16, it's one of the most used verses in the Bible. What many Christians do with it is assume that the word 'world' in the verse means the English definition of the world. It does not necessarily mean that, and it would not be proper to use it in that context.
I described this before on my 360 blog. Christians are failing to use their concordances, the rest of the Bible, and are using poor teachers to explain what John 3:16 means.
Here is John 3:16
16"For God so loved the 'world' that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Here is the word for 'world':
Strong's Number: 2889
1. an apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution, order, government
2. ornament, decoration, adornment, i.e. the arrangement of the stars, 'the heavenly hosts', as the ornament of the heavens. 1 Pet. 3:
3. the world, the universe
4. the circle of the earth, the earth
5. the inhabitants of the earth, men, the human family
6. the ungodly multitude; the whole mass of men alienated from God, and therefore hostile to the cause of Christ
7. world affairs, the aggregate of things earthly
1. the whole circle of earthly goods, endowments riches, advantages, pleasures, etc, which although hollow and frail and fleeting, stir desire, seduce from God and are obstacles to the cause of Christ
8. any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort
1. the Gentiles as contrasted to the Jews (Rom. 11:12 etc)
2. of believers only, John 1:29; 3:16; 3:17; 6:33; 12:47 1 Cor. 4:9; 2 Cor. 5:19
Note that last line.
Of believers only. God knows us before we are born. We are His 'elect'. He already knew who would respond to Him and keep in faith with Him.