Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Is there such a thing as a long-haired Doberman Pinscher?

I've seen long-haired Dachsunds and long-haired Chihuahuas before that's why, so I wonder what a long Haired Doberman would look like.

• Lucy
    Best Answer

No, I'm sure there's just a short haired variety. I think a Dobie would look best short hair, though. :)

• Ivette

I'm sorry, I JUST ran out - they were HOT this year. I DO however have one male Short Haired-Red-Nose-Saber Toothed-Floppy Ear-Doberman Pinscher-Pom-A-YORKIE-Poo left. He's 15 years old, missing an eye, lost a leg in a dogfight, lost half an ear with the porkie poo chewed on it while teathing, but he is a sweet sweet dog. If you are interested - shoot me an email - given his age, I am pretttty sure he will make it through Christmas but I can't offer a health guarantee.

• No but beaucerons look like long haired dobermans... They're a french breed and are most likely one of the breeds used to develop the doberman

I have seen two and basically you have to wonder if there was an Irish Setter in the henhouse a few generations back... One was a puppy that an aquaintance of mine had in her litter and it was long like a Rottweiler's coat is and once shaved, it never regrew --- I have seen Rottweilers with 'fluffy' coats as well - way too long and helped shave them down as well but it grew back. The other was a red dog in a boarding kennel/shelter type place and he was a red and indeed looked like an Irish Setter type coat and, like the other, was of questionable lineage at best. He was shaved down annually per the people at the kennel, but regrew. It is not at all bred typical and would be something that one of those gimmick greeder types would likely perpetuate to try to hawk otherwise undesirable puppies... If you want long coat then there are indeed other breeds that have the same patterning and long coats - Rottweilers, GSDs, Beauceron, Gordon Setters, etc.. It would be unethical and ignorant for anyone to purposefully breed that characteristic - sort of like those albino greeders and the like...

There are no long haired Dobermans. If a Doberman had long hair, he would look like a Beauceron.

No, the akc standard for dobies are short haired, if they have long hair then they are not a pure breed....even in Germany, they do not have any long haired dobies

No, there isn't a long haired variety of a doberman.

It would be interesting, though.

• BRIDGE

There is no such thing!! It would probably look very funny!! lol

there is no such thing, but if there were it would probably look like me!

• GG

no. the only way it would be a mixed breed