What are some fragrances/colognes that you feel are overhyped??!!?

What are some fragrances/colognes that people talk about so much, but when you go out smell/ or buy it for yourself, it turns out that there is nothing special about the fragrance at all!

I cannot stand any of the chanel fragrances they all smell old ladyish to me

When the original curve perfume came out I heard soo much about it that I ended up going out and getting it, it turned out to be a waste. I ended up giving it to my mother.

Thierry Mugler Angel doesn't smell good to me at all....

I'm still on the fence about Escada Magnetism...

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

Anything with a stars name on it. They did not design any of the smelly things they promote. It is a fraud to act as if they do

• 1 decade ago

I totally agree with you on Chanel. I buy Avon and it does just fine, most of them are like 15 dollars too for the 1.7 oz bottles that last a long time. I just got instant vacation too and it smells soooo good.

Oh and Axe, Ive smelled 4 diff kinds of that and it reeks to high heaven. I wouldn't date a guy who wore that crap.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Chanel's Coco and # 5 smell good, all the other ones smell exactly like each other (and they all smell like cheap erotic massage oil)

the HUMMER cologne was also overhyped...it smells HORRIBLE!

Also, any perfumes/ colognes by celebrities that you can get at a pharmacy.....

• 1 decade ago

ik!

wuts the deal with all the chanel perfumes?!?!

my auntie gives me hers wenever she buys a new one and the chanel smells so bad

and then i dont like the opium ones either

they all smell alike

like old women scent!

lol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Prada

• kita
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Anything with Brittany Spears or Paris Hilton. I think they speak for themselves.

• Ohno
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Polo smells like dirty socks.

• marie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I think anything Calvin is so overpowering, I can't stand it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.