randy9089 asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Where are the Dodgers again?

Watching all the FA signings but I don't see the Dodgers in them.

I thought managment ppomised some big signings and a turn around from are 4th place finish

Do You think its only about money to owner?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

As a Dodgers fan, I'm frustrated by the lack of action there doing right now, besides being the talks of the Miguel Cabrera trade. If the Dodgers want to do anything, Joe Torre has to step up and pressure management to do something rather than stand pat and I want to see it start at the Winter Meetings this Monday beside sticking w/ the young players. Speaking of that....

- Expect Cabrera and Erik Bedard to dominate trade talks for the Dodgers in Tennessee (this year site of the WM). The Dodgers have what it takes to acquire Miguel Cabrera but the Marlins are pulling a "John Kerry" and doing flip-flops on who they want to acquire (just ask the Angels. They had a deal twice but the Marlins kill both of it because they can't decide). Bedard would immedietly solve the left-hand situation in the Dodger rotation (as of right now, all the projected Dodger starters are right-handed) but it's going to take the same package as the Cabrera deal to pull it off, so the Dodger will take a wait-and-see approach at WM to see what's going down.

- CF is another priority that the Dodgers are targeting at the WM. Juan Pierre is being paid $44 million to play CF but has failed to be a defensive gem at that position, switching to LF come 2008. Aaron Rowand and Andruw Jones tops the Dodgers wish list. Both have excel in the CF position (Jones is a multiple Gold Glove winner while Rowand has a reputation as being a tough-gritty defensive wiz) while they also produce offense, albeit Rowand had one good offensive season. Rowand is the target right now but Jones would be the suitable choice if the Dodgers want to rebuild this offense.

- Another issue that might be solve during or after the WM is backup C and middle relief. Mike Lieberthal is about to leave to have an oppurtunity to start somewhere else while Rudy Seanez is all but confirm to leave, leaving two holes to fill this offseason, as well as trade talks.

I'll be dissapointed if the Dodgers leave Tennessee with nothing because it's their last chance to talk to fellow GM's and players in person before they disband for Spring Training. The presence of Joe Torre should help the Dodgers entering the Winter Meetings and I want to see something happen.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

McCourt has no business being the owner of the Dodgers, or any other big-league team for that matter. He has money, but not the savvy needed to get things done (see Arte Moreno for this). He has the organization, but not the skills needed for his role as owner.

Sadly, if things stay as they are, and no player personnel changes are made to add a power hitter and a front-line starter, 4th place might even be a stretch for this team. If the young players develop, perhaps something could come of it down the road, but as for 2008, don't bother.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

The Dodgers want him, yet Manny additionally desires the Dodgers. income Dodgers. i could think of that they might even get him for a 2 365 days deal. Jerk or not, Manny nevertheless loves the money, and he will stick to it till he can't play anymore. the only money obtainable actual now could be in L.A.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They're from Los Angeles. I think the Dodgers haven't done much because players don't see the benefits of being with the Dodgers and they aren't the most trusted team. They don't send out a good vibe.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Look at what Torre did with the Mets, Braves, and Cardinals...that's what you'll get in LA.

Anyone could have done what he did with the Yankees, if they're given the same talent....something that the Dodgers don't, and won't, have next year..

• 1 decade ago

Well it seems to the owner that money is...... the best. i think he hired joe torre to help them compete, but also for the popularity. i think they will sign at least some... joe torres not just gonna sit around

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They are in Los Angles

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Joe Torre is an idiot. Good Riddance.

• 1 decade ago

the problem is, who wants to go to LA

• 1 decade ago

they are from LA

and the owner................................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.