Buying a DSLR?

so this entire time I was planning on buying a Nikon DSRL. Either the D40X or the D80. I already have lenses for a Nikon camera from my old film camera so I figured getting a Nikon would be the best deal. But reading on the web, it seems like Nikon isn't good with low light sensitivity. Even the D200 which... show more so this entire time I was planning on buying a Nikon DSRL. Either the D40X or the D80. I already have lenses for a Nikon camera from my old film camera so I figured getting a Nikon would be the best deal.

But reading on the web, it seems like Nikon isn't good with low light sensitivity. Even the D200 which is a semi-professional camera. it's said that though it can take the photos, the quality is much better on Canon DSRL.

So, should I stick with the Nikon, safe money on lenses, but not have the great quality? And if I do that, which one should I get? D40X, D80, or (if my mom will buy such an expensive camera) the D200?

Should I switch back to Canon? Because I've always been pleased with their cameras. But if I do, which one should I get, and what lenses to go with it?