Why do so many adoptive parents out there just want a caucasian baby?

This really bothers me. I talk to my adoption agency on a weekly basis. They have around 7 or 8 awaiting couples and only one who is interested in a baby that is biracial. They have no one who is interetesed in an African American baby. Everybody is also very specific on gender. Then, people who adopt a caucasian... show more This really bothers me. I talk to my adoption agency on a weekly basis. They have around 7 or 8 awaiting couples and only one who is interested in a baby that is biracial. They have no one who is interetesed in an African American baby. Everybody is also very specific on gender. Then, people who adopt a caucasian baby still act like they are Mother Theresa or something, when in reality, if they didn't adopt this baby there would be hundreds of people in line to adopt he/she.
I'll admit that there is racism out there and it even exist in my extended family (thank God not in my immediate family), but it's not that big of a deal. You can overcome it. Also, my husband's family is Middle Eastern and had no concept of what adoption even was. It doesn't exist in their culture, but they love my son sooo much. It feels good that we can educate and open minds through adoption. Hopefully it will help to conquer racism as well. Why don't people take a chance? What are they so afraid of?
Update: I don't mean to insinuate that I adopted my son to conquer racism, but it still feels good to see people open up their minds through the adoption of our son.
Update 2: I think I must have pushed some buttons on this post. I'm pretty sure I'm not racist since my husband and my son are not white. I'm hopefully trying to encourage couples out there to take a leap of faith and step put of their comfort zone just a little bit.
Update 3: Actually, I really wish that when a natural mother chose adoption, she would have as many options as a natural mother who is having a white baby. I just don't think it's fair to her for my adoption agency to have to scramble around to find an adoptive couple. This makes me very sad. I also agree that they... show more Actually, I really wish that when a natural mother chose adoption, she would have as many options as a natural mother who is having a white baby. I just don't think it's fair to her for my adoption agency to have to scramble around to find an adoptive couple. This makes me very sad. I also agree that they should not be discounted. My adoption agency thinks this is very unethical and I am in total agreement!
Update 4: Tish: Thanks for the support. Why are they calling me racist? Can you explain that too me?
Update 5: John S: Finally a reasonable answer. I can understand that. I think that's why we need to surround ourselves with people of all different races, religions, cultures etc... My inlaws are immigrants from Iran and I love being in a family that has a different culture. I also live in a town that has a large mexican... show more John S: Finally a reasonable answer. I can understand that. I think that's why we need to surround ourselves with people of all different races, religions, cultures etc... My inlaws are immigrants from Iran and I love being in a family that has a different culture. I also live in a town that has a large mexican population and I love it too! Life is so much more interesting when you're not around the same people all the time. I couldn't imagine living in an all white nieghborhood and my kids going to an all white school. It would be so boring!