Captain of football team?

Hey guys yeah iv been chosen as capitan for my football club, and im going to play my first game as captain in abut 2 weeks time can you tell me some of the basic on how to be a good captain eg setting goals up , choosing the right player in the right positions,defending etc...........Thanks!!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

a captain is a leader he does not need to set up goals but has to be a team player and be heard on and off the park but im thinking you are young so be a good team mate and lead on the field the manager picks the side just dont be selfish and dont lose the head when someone makes a mistake encourage your team mates just look at steven gerrard and john terry they are great captains you have to lift you team mates when their heads go down

u should be a role model for every one in the team

and good luck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

a captain is a leader he does not have to set up golas and he does not pick the team he has to be a team player and be heard on and off the park but im thinking you are young so be a good team mate and lead on the field the manager picks the side just dont be selfish and dont lose the head when someone makes a mistake encourage your team mates just look at steven gerrard and john terry they are great captains you have to lift you team mates when their heads go down and dont get on their backs anyway good luck

• 1 decade ago

first u should probably choose midfield or defence position bcoz that way u can see more of the ball, the captain of a club gives inspiration to the other players so play ur best and be a good example lyk dont commit fouls that can led to bookings,dont raise your temper and keep it cool all the time,wen ur team mate makes a mistake encourage him to go on and learn from his mistake..u should pass more often but u should also attempt on goal and distance shots also..thats all and gud luck to you and ur team

• 1 decade ago

most important is being confident and vocal. Be a roy keane not a beckham captain. i am not sure what your personality is but be as vocal as possible. Letting people where they need to be on the field, where they need to cover, if a defender is closing in, and getting on them if they arent doing their job. but also dont do it negatively. positive reinforcement. and let your mate know when they are doing good. And if you arent that vocal, then just run your a.s.s off and hustle like crazy, it will fuel your teammates to do the same.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.