How much will it cost for C-section in your state (in USA)?

May I also know what state?

Favorite Answer

I had a c-section and stayed in hospital for four days and the hospital bill was $15,000 plus I had separate bills from for the epidural for just under $1,000. With my US health insurance I paid a deductible of $350 for the hospital bill. My insurance covered the remained of the $15,000.

You get 'free' check up for a few weeks after "baby well' visits at the hospital and your doctor should provide 'Baby checkup' for free for the first year at least for free.

My state is Connecticut.

• spry

C Section Cost In Usa

Sorry, lil_alyssia07 -- you're incorrect. Here in Canada visitors who are not permanent residents would still need to pay for their medical treatment.

Regardless, renounce your American citizenship and move to a country that ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT THE HEALTH OF ITS PEOPLE! I cannot imagine living in a country where I have to depend on private health care to pick up a PORTION of such a large medical bill! Health Care is a human right -- not an option. Become a Canadian citizen!

Im totally shocked by this. Here in the Uk its totally covered on the NationaL Health Service. My C section and 5 days in hospital never cost me a penny.

That's like a NEW CAR!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Crap! My C-section was entirely covered by my insurance but hot damn, if not, I wouldn't have even had any money to buy diapers and food for the twins! Health care is outrageous here in the states, I'm sickened by it to tell you the truth,

• Rose

I'm not sure where you are from, but here in the US you can't choose to have a c-section, it is a major surgery reserved for medical conditions and emergencies...but you can choose to not have an episiotomy.

I'm in NJ. My c-section & entire hospital stay (4 days) cost around $35,000 (that's the care for me & my son included). Just the c-section itself I don't know.

I think its 15 thousand here. My natural birth of my daughter (no csection) was 7 thousand.

State - Florida

15-20 thousand

Wow, are you guys serious its that much that is outrageous... honestly if you came to Canada for say a vacation and you went into labor you wouldn't have to pay a dime they are free here... maybe you should think about doing that.....