I accidentally fired a .270 bullet through a Rem 7mm Mag Rifle. Should I be concerned about the next round?

The rifle appears to be undamaged. I had shot about two dozen rounds sighting in the rifle, when I accidentally grabbed a .270 round, which must be similar in length to a 7mm Mag round. The gun fired, and hot gas shot out the back (into my cheek) and smoke was around the chamber. I was able to pop the cartridge... show more The rifle appears to be undamaged. I had shot about two dozen rounds sighting in the rifle, when I accidentally grabbed a .270 round, which must be similar in length to a 7mm Mag round. The gun fired, and hot gas shot out the back (into my cheek) and smoke was around the chamber. I was able to pop the cartridge out with a cleaning rod without too much difficulty, and the bullet had been expelled. The casing was torn from the gas expanding, but the bolt on the rifle seems to be fine, and the rifle appears to be no worse for wear.

Should I have the rifle professionally examined before I re-fire? I was going to fire off a round from a distance with a string and see how that goes. I feel lucky that the barrel did not explode in my face! Like I said, the rifle seems to be ok, no cracks in the bolt or the barrel. Thanks.
Update: P.S. I don't need any patronizing comments (Roger), I'm a lifelong hunter too. I had finished the new box of 7mm shells, and didn't realize there was ONE 270 bullet mixed in with the rest of the 7mm mag bullets I pulled out of a hunting vest, as I was loading them one at a time. Constructive comments... show more P.S. I don't need any patronizing comments (Roger), I'm a lifelong hunter too. I had finished the new box of 7mm shells, and didn't realize there was ONE 270 bullet mixed in with the rest of the 7mm mag bullets I pulled out of a hunting vest, as I was loading them one at a time. Constructive comments only please.

That said, how does a professional gunsmith check for micro-fractures? Doesn't the barrel undergo as much or more stress from firing 7mm rounds than the undersized .270 round? My late season hunt starts Saturday and I am not near any gunsmiths here in the mountains. Borrowing someone elses rifle is not too appealing either, but better to be safe than sorry.