Jos asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 decade ago

Does hair grow back after getting a tattoo?

and if it does does it hurt or mess up the tat? is there like a special razor i could use that would not hurt as bad or whatever and help it?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, the hair will grow back, and just as a fair warning, it will most likely itch when it begins to grow back. Do NOT scratch it, because when the hair is growing back, your tattoo will not be fully healed yet. Scratching it can severely mess up your tattoo.

After the tattoo has completely healed (no scabbing, flaking or shiny skin), it is okay to shave that area again...but not until it's fully healed. And you can use whatever type of razor you'd like. Once a tattoo is healed, the pigment is below the surface of the skin, and minor surface scratches won't hurt it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • tousey
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Does Hair Grow Over Tattoos

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Source(s): Hairloss Remedies http://sparkindl.info/HowToStopHairLoss
  • Berke
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Does hair grow back after getting a tattoo?

and if it does does it hurt or mess up the tat? is there like a special razor i could use that would not hurt as bad or whatever and help it?

Source(s): hair grow tattoo: https://shorturl.im/Yu5it
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, the hair does grow back, and no it doesn't hurt the tattoo. My husband has some tattoos on his arms, and his arms are hairy so he uses either the razors made for the bikini area (they are smaller) or these flat razors I found. They are made to shave facial hair on women (I think they were in the beauty isle) and he said that he really likes them. I'm sure that whatever you use will be fine.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

No matter how fast a person hair grows, If the oldest hair at the tips is not healthy, it will continue to come out. When hair is damaged, as new hair grows in, damaged hair comes out, making seem as if your hair is not growing. Make sure you have a diet rich in protein (protein is the building blocks of hair) and condition your hair on a regular basis. There are some effective ways to help your hair regrow and be healthy. Read here:

• 1 decade ago

yes ur hair will grow back..no it won't hurt anything..and why would u want to use a razor...? It's not like you would want to shave JUST the tattoo..that would look kind of stupid...lol but if you are talking about b4 it heals...just leave it alone until the tattoo totally heals other wise u'll take off the scab and the tattoo will be all ****** up

• 4 years ago

There are many methods to make our hair grow faster, shine , glitter in natural ways without using chemicals. Learn here https://bitly.im/aOf48 Men, and sometimes women, notice that their hair is thinning prematurely for several different reasons. Age, menopause, pregnancy, genetics, illness, and other factors all play a role in hair loss. Sure, you can use drugs or you can go in for a hair transplant or fusion, but sometimes the easiest, most inexpensive solution, is to try to stop hair loss naturally.

• 1 decade ago

Yeah the hair does grow back, and it doesn't hurt or mess up the tatt.

Your artist will shave the hair off for you =)

• 1 decade ago

yes it grows back, i wouldnt recommend shaving it until after it fully heals.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.